Friday 1 February 2013

Finding feet

I think I've found a couple of toes on one of my feet after these last two days, which is mostly due to having met some lovely can-do and happy ladies who've lived here for a few years, are entrenched in the local culture, and are looking well on it. They both have interesting jobs, and children, so I'm hopeful this could also be me in a few months.

The other thing is, that after a week of partially intentional and partially situation-enforced drying out, J and I tripped over a 'liquor store' round the corner from our house. This means we have within walking distance, a corner shop, a cake/ice cream parlour, a bottle shop, the Bird Garden and a paediatrician. Which means that while we're here, we'll be fat, happy and healthy. There's a lot to be thankful for. And why was I thinking you could get to know all this in the first hour? I'm unrealistic at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment