Wednesday 8 October 2014

Bedouin birthday bonanza

Back to the hubbub! Just in time for a night time bake off (planned so the sous chef was asleep) before the larger dwarf birthday. J and I cracked open a bottle of wine and set to work.

By midnight we'd made 2 chocolate cakes, 2 carrot cakes, a huge vat of hummus, cheese biscuits, multiple moussakae and a large vegetarian lasagne.

Good thing too, as the Lozenge requested we invite 'my whole clath' which means 17 little critters plus parents. (From: Palestine, Israel, UK, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, France, Holland, Bosnia, China, South Africa and Italy and Spain).

The next morning we arranged the party scene. A bedouin banquet.



I must say the critters and their parents were very appreciative and the birthday boy - now 5 years old - was also catatonic with excitement.



The parents looked overjoyed to find the odd bottle of beer and wine nestled in the cold box with the 'watermelon jooth' and tucked in. The critters spent most of their time critter-ing about on the trampoline so thankfully we didn't have to get our whistles out and start the party games.



J and I spent most of the time wondering how we'd all got this big?




By 7.30pm they'd all left - with a happy trail of cake crumbs and wrapping paper.

St Grace came into her own preparing and helping us clear up in her cool, calm way.

On the way to school the next day the Lozenge announced: 'Hey Mummy, and the best bit is I didn't die before my birthday! How cool ith THAT?!'

And today the button popped off my trousers. I must freeze the remainder of the cakes before I personify the rabbit jelly.



No comments:

Post a Comment